December 21, 2020 is the Winter Solstice, or the shortest day of the year. I always celebrate this day with friends or loved ones because it is the perfect time to release anything that it not serving you as well as anything you do not want to take into the New Year!
What makes this Winter Solstice so special is that it also marks an astrological shift when the Earth’s rotation moves into a new zodiac sign. This “shift” happens every 2,150 years, and right now we are moving out of the “patriarchal” Age of Pisces and into the “transformational” Age of Aquarius. As the founder of the Smart Women Companies, I see this period ahead as a very good time for women’s empowerment!
Let’s face it, 2020 has been one of the most difficult times in recent history and it’s time to usher in a new age of personal freedom, love and prosperity. It’s also the perfect time for you to get crystal clear on exactly what you want in your life as well as what you no longer will tolerate or what is no longer serving you.
Remember your thoughts are things, and what you focus on expands, so this exercise will give you an actual document representing what you truly want so you can focus on it daily. When we are clear about what we want in our lives, we are literally giving the Universe It’s marching orders. So today, I am offering you this simple exercise to release what is no longer serving you to make room for what you really want to manifest in 2021.
Follow these steps and watch the magic begin…
- Go to a quiet place where you can focus. Take 3 deep breaths and slowly tune out everything that is going on around you.
- Create a handwritten list of what you want to release in your life. These are things or relationships that are not serving you. You can include any negative thoughts or doubts like fear, worry, scarcity or relationships.
- Write at the top of the paper, “I am Releasing:” and then list each item that is draining your energy and confidence. It could be habits, beliefs, clutter, debt, negative relationships or emotions, financial and health issues…
- Put the energy of each of these statements into this piece of paper. This can be both empowering and emotional. Don’t be surprised if you have some strong reactions when you are writing your list.
- When you are finished you will need to destroy the list. I suggest that you actually burn the paper in a fire ceremony but please be careful. (We did this exercise this summer with some close friends and family, over a bonfire, and it was pretty powerful.) If burning the paper is not an option, you can also shred it, but the paper must be destroyed – do not keep the list.
- As you do this, take a deep breath and release the energy that was associated with these beliefs.
- Next create a new handwritten list of the things that you want to bring into your life.
- Write these as “I am” statements. For example: I am bringing more, joy, love and ease into my life. Write as if these things are already happening, like: I enjoy being fit, healthy and active, I am a loving wife and mother, I am safe and dearly loved.
- Put this list somewhere where you can look at it every day. Then take a moment each day to focus on this list. Really feel the intention you are sending out to the Universe. Remember, what we focus on expands and our thoughts become our reality!
This exercise is so simple yet so powerful. One of the keys to creating a life you love is not only knowing what to do, but to actually do it. If you would like the support of a trusted guide to help you bring this list into fruition so you can live your ideal life, I’m here to help you do that.
Each month I keep a few appointments just to explore ideas with women, whether it is breaking through limiting beliefs and self doubt (this is huge), figuring out how to transition into new inspirational work, your vibrant retirement reinvention, or simply taking charge of your finances so you can have true money peace, I am available to help you.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, I invite you to schedule a complimentary 30-minute discovery session with me. I keep five of these meetings available each month. I’ll invite you to answer a few thought provoking questions so you will feel prepared and excited for our conversation together. I’ve been doing this sacred work with women for 30 years now, and I would be honored to talk with you. CLICK HERE to book your free discovery session. I look forward to helping you move into 2021 with confidence and ease.