As we near the year end, it is a perfect time to release limiting beliefs and behaviors that are no longer serving you and make room for new empowering beliefs and goals that will help us manifest a more joyful and abundant life in 2013.
I believe that our world has been going through a spiritual awakening and that we must use this 10 day time period that runs from 12/12/12 through 12/21/12 to shed and release the old and call forth the new and allow it to emerge.
We have all heard of the Law of Intention – which is that we are actually creating our experience and manifesting our reality through our thoughts and of course, our actions. Why not take this time right now before year end to really clear and release any limiting beliefs that are no longer serving you and to begin focusing your energy and time on the things in your life that bring you joy and will bring you closer to the life you have always dreamed of.
According to movie producer and quantum healing expert, Josh Bloom, we spend 95% of our time operating from our subconscious mind and only 5% of our time operating from our conscious mind. What this means is that 95% of the time, we are basically operating on auto pilot – operating from beliefs that were formed when we were children – and in most cases these are beliefs that are no longer serving you and may never have been true anyway! Imagine this!
So today, I want to offer you this simple exercise to release what is no longer serving you and to make room for what you really want.
Follow these steps and you will notice a shift in your energy.
- Go to a quiet place where you can focus. Take 3 deep breaths and slowly tune out everything that is going on around you.
- Create a handwritten list of what you want to shed or release. These are things that are not serving you. You can include any negative thoughts or doubts like fear, doubt, worry, scarcity or relationships.
- Write at the top of the paper, “I am choosing to release the following” and then list each item.
- Put the energy of each of these statements into this piece of paper.
- When you are finished you will need to destroy the list. I suggest that you actually burn the paper in a fire ceremony but please be careful. (We did this exercise this summer with a huge group of people over a bonfire and it was pretty powerful.) If burning the paper is not an option you can also shred it but the paper must be destroyed – do not keep the list.
- As you do this, take a deep breath and release the energy that was associated with these beliefs.
- Next create a new handwritten list of the things that you want to bring into your life.
- Write these as “I am” statements. For example: “I am bringing more, joy, love and ease into my life.” Write as if these things are already happening…like “I enjoy being fit, healthy and active.”
- Take a moment each day to focus on this list. Really feel the intention you are sending out to the Universe.
This exercise is so simple yet so powerful.
We look forward to connecting with you and hearing from you so make sure you post your comments below.